Fashion Journalist Job Profile and Description
A fashion journalist is someone who knows the in an out of the fashion industry. They should have very keen interest in fashion as they need to be updated about the current fashion trends, beauty products and latest designs in the market.
Their job mainly is to bring forward their thoughts and ideas about the current fashion scenario or conducting interviews of celebrities, designers and other important people from the fashion world and publicizing them through various mediums like television, journals, magazine, newspaper or web. A fashion journalist needs to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Fashion Journalist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a fashion journalist are as follows:
- A Fashion Journalist should be aware of the brands and big names in the fashion industry.
- They need to carry out extensive surveys and studies on a regular basis.
- They need to closely work with professionals like fashion designers, fashion photographers, stylists etc.
- They need to interview stars and high- profile celebrities from time to time.
- Determining popularity of a particular fashion product or brand and communicating it to the mass.
- A fashion journalist might need to travel frequently to observe and understand the fashion trends among the masses.
Fashion Journalist Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Fashion Journalistinclude:
- An aspiring fashion journalist should have good presentation skills.
- They should have excellent communication and interpersonal skill as they need to communicate with influential and eminent personalities regularly.
- They should be creative and should be able to think out of the box.
- A fashion journalist should have keen interest in fashion.
- A fashion journalist needs to observe and analyse the latest trends in the fashion industry.
- They should have in depth knowledge about the history and the changing fashion scene around the world.
- They have strong researching skills.
- They should have a pleasant and attractive personality as they need to interact with various people.
Fashion Journalist Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a fashion journalist are as follows:
- Bachelors degree in Fashion Journalism
- Any degree/certificate or course in fashion design and journalism.
Fashion Journalist Salary
A fashion journalist’s salary may depend on the medium they choose to practice fashion journalism. On an average the salary of the candidate is between $28,000 to $45,000 annually.
Category: Fashion Job Descriptions