Fashion Retail Manager Job Profile and Description
Fashion retail refers to the direct point of sales and contact with the customers. The fashion retail manager is the individual who manages the whole retail store or the business. This individual is held responsible for all that goes on in that respective retail business.
In the sense, the individual heads that retail business and has to pay attention to every aspect of the business. The manager has a number of staff and employees who support him/ her in meeting the jobs requirements.
Fashion Retail Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The list of some of the duties and responsibilities that the fashion retail manager has to fulfil on the job include:
- It is the responsibility of the retail store/ business manager to select the new items/ fashion products that are to be displayed and replace the old ones.
- The fashion retail manager has to motivate and inspire the staff to converse with the customers and serve them as best as they can.
- Retail manager must also ensure that all of the customer queries and complaints are attended to and sorted.
- Handling the deliveries, managing them and making sure that all deliveries happen in time are also the responsibility of the fashion retail manager.
- To manage the inventory and take stock of all the products.
Fashion Retail Manager Skills and Specifications
A list of skills etc. that the fashion retail manager must possess is as follows:
- Excellent managerial and organisational skills
- Understanding of the retail market and the retail trends.
- Command over the spoken language and ability to converse with the clients and associates.
- Good managerial skills and leadership qualities.
- Planning abilities to plan the sales and retail marketing.
- Maintain poise and calm under pressure
- Team player and coordination skills.
Fashion Retail Manager Education and Qualification
The education and experience requirements of fashion retail manager position are:
- Though the talent and interest in fashion is more important for this position, the organisations will still prefer an individual with some basic education in retail or sales or marketing segments of fashion.
- Depending upon the size and the scope of the retail business the individual with prior experience in the fashion retail segment will be preferred over others.
Fashion Retail Manager Salary
The average salary of a fashion retail manager is around $42,730 and goes as high as $119,600 as the size of retail business grows bigger.
Category: Fashion Job Descriptions