Finance Generalist Job Profile and Description
A finance generalist is an employee of a company who works for the finance department and is responsible for the operational duties of the department. Any individual hired as a finance generalist must handle areas like financial reporting, reconciliations, cash management, profit and loss computation etc. He/she is exposed to a large segment of the business’s operations and hence must be adequately educated as well as skilled.
As far as the education is concerned, if an individual wishes to become a finance generalist, then he/she must acquire a degree in finance or accounting. In addition to this, the right amount of experience and exposure is also needed. The following is a detailed description of the job of a finance generalist.
Finance Generalist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a finance generalist are given as follows:
- The main duty of a finance generalist is to handle the finances of the organisation and also provide it with sound advice as far as its investments, finances and accounts are concerned.
- It is the responsibility of a finance generalist to handle financial reports, statements and take care of the cash flow and management.
- The computation of the losses as well as the profits is another duty which a finance generalist has to fulfill.
- He/she must also ensure the satisfaction of the clients by taking care of the financial paperwork etc.
Finance Generalist Skills and Specifications
To become a finance generalist, an individual needs to possess certain specific skills and specifications, a few of which are given as follows:
- Exceptional finance and accounting related knowledge.
- Good written and oral communication skills and managerial abilities are also required.
- A finance generalist must also be comfortable with working with computers and different software.
- He/she must be hardworking, diligent and must be able to make calculations and analysis quickly.
Finance Generalist Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a finance generalist are given below:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is a necessary or mandatory requirement to become a finance generalist.
- A master’s degree is not a compulsory requirement but may be asked for by certain employers.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience is also counted and considered.
Finance Generalist Salary
A finance generalist is expected to earn an annual median salary of $61000 though this may vary depending upon the individual’s skills and experience as well.
Category: Finance Job Descriptions