Food and Beverage Manager Job Profile and Description
A food and beverage manager job outlook involves working closely with the managers and executive chef in order to develop and implement a sales program to fulfill the objective of increased sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
The food and beverage manager job duties are as follows;
- Continually works to ensure correct handling procedures to minimize china and glassware breakage and food waste.
- Maintains responsibility for sales, expenses and profit goals as outlined in the food & beverage department operating plans/budgets, while promoting the company goals of customer service and satisfaction, team work, reporting requirements and financial performance.
- Assists in planning and implementing of procedures for special club events and banquet functions.
- Fulfills the objectives of increased sales in the areas of group sales, corporate clients, banquets and meetings.
- Implements a sales plan of action including in-house sales calls, booking appointments, outside sales efforts, guided site inspections and researching sales leads as necessary.
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly reports and other reports required
Skills and Specifications
A food and beverage manager job skills needed to efficiently work in this field include:
- Ensuring that each guest receives consistent services and products
- Ensuring that employees within department receive fair and safe working conditions
- Ability to work on a shift basis
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to maintain environment
Education and qualifications
Have at least 2 years further education related to the hotel and food and beverage industry or of a business nature
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions