Forklift Operator Job Profile and Description
Forklift operator is an individual who operates the equipped industrial forklift to move materials n the warehouse region and to load and unload truck trailers or shipping containers. Operators maintain the equipment, machines, and electrical components. They are accountable for general maintenance, repairing and welding mechanical or electrical equipment, and machines, and other associated working equipment. Forklift operators work in docks, warehouses, airports or industry settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Moving controls, devices, and levers to drive forklifts of industry to transfer materials between unloading, processing, loading, and storage areas.
- Organizing and securing stored materials such as bales, super sacks, boxes, pallets, and so on.
- Loading or unloading materials manually, off or on to pallets, platforms, skids, or lifting devises.
- Performing routine post and pre inspections to ensure suitable working nature or forklift equipment.
- Reporting to supervisor regarding any damage to racks, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards.
- Weighing products or materials, and recording weight and further production information on labels and tags.
- Consulting, working, and coordinating with supervisors, managers, equipment manufactures, and employees regarding unloading and loading operations.
- Wrapping material loads with a wrapper and making clean the warehouse premises.
- Completing forklift operator training provided by the industry annually.
- Performing other duties as allotted by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to read labels and numbers.
- Ability to operate in high speed and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, and multiply.
- Good physical health.
- Able to follow instructions as directed by the supervisor.
- Ability to stand for a long time.
Education and Qualification
- High school degree from an accredited institution.
- Certification in operating forklifts is an advantage.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions