Front Office Manager Job Profile and Description
A front office manager can work in almost any department and his job description involves being in charge of directing, panning and organizing activities of the company. Manager Job duties entails long hours at work and this can be overnight or through weekends. Those who graduate into this career will have an opportunity to work in full service hotels or companies compared to those without a degree.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are Front Office Manager Job responsibilities
- Answering questions about the companies’ policies, services and handling of any client complains.
- Play a part in coming up with financial rate, creating the budget and deciding which departments receive certain allocations
- Training front office employees on better customer service
- Oversee front desk operations and ensure client receives 100% satisfaction
- Resolve client complains in a timely manner and respond on time to any complaints
- Participate in interacting with guests and ensuring that shift duties are handled by front desk employees
- Handling of guest security and creating functional emergency procedures
Skills and Specifications
The front office manager job skills needed to fully offer the best service include the following:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Should be a self starter and should work with less supervision
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle pressure
- Computer literate
- Ability to follow company rules and policies
- Possess supervisory skills
- OPERA knowledge is of an advantage
Education and Qualifications
In order to earn the above front office manager job specifications and skill you need education. A degree in Office Management is required in order to work in this field.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions