Game Designer Job Profile and Description
A game designer plays a vital role in today’s era. The key job of the job designer is to develop 2D/3D video/computer games. The whole process of developing game includes the designing of the contents of the game along with deciding its rules and regulations.
A game developer also needs to plan the design and implementation of the gameplay, environment, characters and the storyline behind the game. Just like a movie director controls the every aspect and function of his movie, a game designer controls the game.
Game Designer Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a game designer will involve:
- Assignment of the rules and regulations of the game.
- Thinking and creating a story line behind the game.
- Creation of the characters of the game that will take the story line further.
- Including various sorts of props in the game such as weapons, vehicles, etc. to turn it more interesting.
- Thinking up the final set up of the game.
- Designing the different ways in which the game can be played.
- The game designer also convinces the other team mates for developing the game.
- The work of a designer in-complete without the help of programmers, artists, producers, animators and video-audio engineer. Hence a designer need to set synchronization with them to give a definition to his/her game designs.
Game Designer Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required for becoming a game designer include:
- A game designer should be very creative and capable enough of converting his imaginations into reality.
- ‘Originality’ is one of the ‘must’ have characteristic feature in a game designer.
- The designer should be efficient and intelligent enough to understand the requirements and demands of the market.
- He/she should be aware of the target audience for a particular game.
- Along with a competence in technical and artistic skills, a designer should also be a good writer.
Game Designer Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a nursing game designer are as follows:
- There is no as such particular degree requirement for becoming a game designer; however most of the game designers are minimum graduates.
- A graduate’s degree in Bachelors of Computer Arts, Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Computer Administration in Computer game Technology helps in grabbing the job.
Game Designer Salary
A game designer can expect to get an annual salary of $32,000. However, this varies depending upon the technical advancement of the region or city, one is applying for the job in.
Category: IT Job Descriptions