Games Designer Job Profile and Description
A games designer is an individual who is trained and educated to design and develop computer games, mobile phone games and other kinds of creative games. Their job includes not only designing games but also setting the rules of the game, setting the characters, including music, working of graphics etc.
So basically, there are ample of work duties and responsibilities for a person who is working as a games designer. Games designers may either be self employed or work for a games designing company. To understand more about the job of a games designer, you can go through the following given information.
Games Designer Duties and Responsibilities
Let’s read about the main duties and responsibilities of a games designer:
- The primary duty of a games designer is to think of an idea, design it, plan it and then implement it.
- Another duty of a games designer is to convince other members of the teams about the game.
- It is the responsibility of a games designer to design the characters, props, weapons, music and background graphics etc of the game.
- It is the duty of a games designer to understand the market trends and design the game accordingly.
- Another responsibility of a games designer is to promote and market the game by using marketing methods and skills.
Games Designer Skills and Specifications
Any person working as a games designer needs to possess the following given skills and specifications:
- A games designer must be creative, imaginative and should have knowledge of marketing and promotion etc.
- He/she should be fluent with various kinds of softwares and must possess exceptional computer skills as well.
- Problem solving abilities and technical skills etc are the other skills which every games designer must possess.
- He/she must be hardworking, well informed about market trends and should have a keen eye for observation.
Games Designer Education and Qualification
The following are the various educational qualifications of a games designer.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software programming is a necessary requirement for a games designer.
- Even other degrees are acceptable but one must pursue a diploma or training in computer in addition.
Games Designer Salary
The average annual salary earned by games designer falls in the range of $50,000 to $80,000 depending upon the skills and experience of candidate and the type of organisation where he is working.
Category: IT Job Descriptions