General Manager Job Description and Profile
General Manager in a large or small niche firms, leads the efficient and effective delivery of the goals and objectives of the organization within the approved annual budget by utilizing the solid demonstrable financial expertise. General Manager’s responsibility is to supervise the financial, legal, and operational affairs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing the goals and objectives of the organization and ensuring their delivery according to the business plan.
- Achieving financial sustainability during the development of latest business opportunities.
- Contributing to the effective delivery of high-range commercialization services for esteemed clients.
- Managing the performance of the organization’s staff and senior management through effective key performance indicators, targets, and goal settings, targets as appropriate.
- Analyzing and assessing continually the organization’s performance against the stated objectives.
- Developing and finalizing a business plan and developing and managing budget of the division and achieving stand-alone productivity for business.
- Developing an operational plan such as procurement, assembly, service support, and contract manufacturing, for the growth and launch of the organization’s products.
- Defining the product sales & marketing plan, and supervising sales and distribution of a product.
- Identifying, evaluating and selecting optimal contract manufacturing, services and assembly partners.
- Developing a market customer and entry acquisition strategy, designing, and building a service and sales capability.
- Recruiting and training key hires to implement business plan.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of management principles.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles.
- Possessing confidence, experience, and skills to support organizational activities.
- Ability to manage conflicting interests of business partners.
- Good communicator, active listener, and possess strong decision-making skills.
- Good team player.
Education and Qualifications
- Engineering degree from an accredited college.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management related field.
Category: Management Job Descriptions