Healthcare informatics Job Profile and Description
Health care informatics professionals are responsible for maintaining and updating the records of patients with confidentiality. A health care informatics professional gathers and analyzes patient’s details and compiles them for the review of medical professionals like physicians and nurses. He ensures that the collected data is accurate before presenting them to the medical professionals. He makes use of transcription and stenography software and specialized equipments in order to prepare reports.
Healthcare informatics Duties and Responsibilities
A healthcare informatics professional is required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the functions of the information system and ensure that it meets the requirements of the management.
- Develop rules and regulations to manage information.
- Ensure that confidentiality and security requirements are met while storing data.
- Makes sure that the budget requirements are met while developing information systems.
- Educate users on the usage of the information system.
- Develop a system that is user-friendly and that which adheres to all the procedures and policies of the management.
Healthcare informatics Skills and Specifications
The following are the skills and specifications that are required by a health care informatics professional:
- Excellent communication skills are required as they need to communicate effectively to doctors, patients and other medical professionals.
- Ability to learn continuously is required.
- Excellent knowledge in computers and databases is required.
- Must be up to date in the latest health informatics hardware and software and also with other technologies related to health care informatics.
Healthcare informatics Education and Qualification
A healthcare informatics professional is required to have the following education and qualification:
- An Associate in Applied Science in health care informatics is the minimum requirement.
- A Bachelor’s degree in healthcare informatics can be completed by aspiring candidates.
- Certifications can be obtained from accredited organizations like The American Health Information Management Association.
- Candidates need to hold a degree from any accredited school or university and also pass an examination in order to qualify for the lowest level of certification.
- Professionals with good computer skills and knowledge about electronic medical records have better job opportunities.
Healthcare informatics Salary
Health care informatics are expected to earn an income between $50,000 and $75,000 after gaining experience in the field while fresher’s earn between $30,000 and $50,000. The employment opportunities for health care informatics professionals are expected to increase due to the advancement of technologies.
Category: Health Care Job Descriptions