Healthcare Support Worker Job Profile and Description
Healthcare Support Workers are professionals who provide psychological, physical or emotional relief for people, depending up on their health conditions. A healthcare support worker is someone who works according to the clinical procedures, corporate policies and regulations, in order to give high quality and standard nursing care to people. The people or patients to whom they provide their support includes families, individuals and to people who are helpless.
Healthcare Support Worker Duties and Responsibilities
A healthcare support worker performs the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performs clinical procedures such as monitoring of pulse and blood pressure, blood glucose testing and temperature monitoring as instructed by the physicians.
- Evaluates medical conditions of patients and provides services to them when required.
- Participates in audits and research projects and also undertakes service trainings whenever necessary.
- Provide the required social care and nursing plans to people whenever they are in need of.
- Maintain reports of patients and legible records in the database.
- Makes decisions and settles disputes when needed.
- Takes part in educational opportunities and keeps updating his knowledge.
Healthcare Support Worker Skills and Specifications
The following are the skills and specifications that are required by a healthcare support worker:
- Has to work with good service orientation.
- Excellent people skills with good communication skills are required.
- Must have the potential to handle pressure and solve problems.
- Ability to work in a team with professionalism is required.
- Initiative to achieve organizational goals is necessary.
- Explore opportunities in order to add more value to his job related accomplishments.
Healthcare Support Worker Education and Qualification
A healthcare support worker requires the following education and qualification:
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing or any field related to health care.
- Candidates can take up training programs related to health care.
- Candidates who possess a nursing license have higher opportunities of getting the job.
- Previous experience in health care related field can also be an added advantage for getting a job.
- Certifications can be obtained from the state in which they intend to work after passing the required examination.
Healthcare Support Worker Salary
A health care support worker earns around $55,000 per annum. Job opportunities are expected to increase 20 percent by the year 2020. Because of the growing elderly population which has created a demand for health care services, employment opportunities for health care support workers are found to increase.
Category: Health Care Job Descriptions