Hiring Manager Job Profile and Description
Hiring Manger’s job entails working with line managers in recruitment and selection process. A hiring manager not only works with line managers within the organization but also with outside agencies like recruitment agencies and job centers. A hiring manager supervises the redeployment process of existing employees and assists in the execution of redundancy programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising departmental and line managers on recruitment and selection best practices.
- Providing professional advice and support on recruitment process to departmental and line managers.
- Preparing person specifications and job descriptions, writing job advertisements, and managing job-posting advertisements.
- Preparing recruitment material like brochures and further particulars depending on the variety of organization.
- Designing application forms, reviewing them and developing online processes.
- Developing creative and innovative recruitment solutions to attract quality and appropriate level staff.
- Screening application forms of job applicants and shortlisting them.
- Devising, managing and evaluating recruitment and selection processes including psychometric tests, interviews, personality questionnaires and other group activities.
- Keeping abreast with existing employment legislation and managing selection centers for recruitment of graduates and senior vacancies.
- Training staff in interviewing techniques and assisting in the execution of redundancy programs, including the development of voluntary redundancy schemes and early retirement packages.
- Developing plans in relocating staff to new jobs and departments while restructuring within the organization.
- Providing assistance in hiring process activities such as posting jobs on job board or website, reviewing applications and maintaining a spreadsheet on tracking an applicant.
- Coordinating and participating as a selection panel member in recruitment process, including selection, appointment process, preparing reports.
- Conducting an analytic job studies and constructing valid selection and job related criteria. Screening, evaluating and recommending applicants for interviews.
- Preparing and maintaining job documentation, job evaluation, and company salary structure systems.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices related to payroll activities.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and practices.
- Able to exercise great initiative independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain the confidential information.
- Able to interpret employment legislation, policies and agreements.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Knowledge of recruitment process.
- Should be an effectual communicator verbally as well as through writing skills.
- Ability to negotiate contribution agreement and contracts.
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field.
- Degree in Human Resources Management related field from an accredited institution.
Category: HR Job Descriptions