Homeopathic Practitioner Job Profile and Description
Homeopathy is a system of medicine that makes use of highly diluted substances for treating diseases and symptoms. Homeopathy treatment aims at triggering the body’s natural immune system using highly diluted substances. A homeopathic doctor is a healer who treats sensitive patients and prescribes drugs to his patients in the form of small tablets based on medical formulas. He recommends appropriate treatments based on the patient’s symptoms and his personal experiences with patients.
Homeopathic Practitioner Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the duties and responsibilities of a homeopathic doctor:
- Diagnose patients and create detailed case histories comprising of physical, emotional and psychological symptoms of a disease.
- Evaluates and monitors patient’s progress and performs periodic diagnosis to check for recovery.
- Communicates with patients, analyzes patient’s history and diagnoses their medical and prescribes medication accordingly.
- Answer queries of patients regarding illness or the treatment options.
- Provide instructions to patients regarding the usage and effects to specific medications.
- Refers patients to other medical practitioners or specialists if required.
Homeopathic Practitioner Skills and Specifications
A homeopathic practitioner is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Must be good at decision-making under pressure and must be able to work during emergency situations
- Good knowledge about homeopathic medicines and treatments and must be able to recommend appropriate treatment options to patients.
- Should store medical histories and medical notes of all the patients and maintain confidentiality.
- Provide motivation and support to patients who are psychologically weak and build confidence in them.
- Ability to learn continuously and must be updated with the latest treatment techniques in homeopathy.
- Excellent levels of people skills and communication skills are required as they have to interact with patients and other medical professionals.
Homeopathic Practitioner Education and Qualification
The following are the education and qualification that is required by a homeopathic practitioner:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or any related field.
- A four year degree in medicine from an accredited medical school.
- Candidates can take up homeopathic courses from medical institutions or from an accredited university.
- Acquiring license is mandatory for a homeopathic practitioner to work as a doctor and it can be obtained from the American Institute of Homeopathy’s American Board of Homeotherapeutics.
Homeopathic Practitioner Salary
A homeopathic practitioner is expected to earn around $71,300 per annum and it can go up to $99,100 per annum.
Category: Health Care Job Descriptions