Homeopathy Job Profile and Description
Homeopathy is a system of medicine that employs highly diluted substances in order to cure diseases and symptoms. The ultimate aim of homeopathy treatment is to trigger the body’s natural immune system using the highly diluted substances. A homeopathic doctor prescribes drugs to his patients in the form of small tablets based on medical formulas. The treatment duration may vary according to the medical conditions of the patients and thus may take weeks, months or years for recovery.
Homeopathy Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the duties and responsibilities of a homeopathic doctor:
- Communicates with patients and diagnoses their medical conditions.
- Analyzes patient’s history and prescribes medication accordingly.
- Co-ordinates meeting with patients in order to monitor recovery, before, during and after treatment.
- Records and maintains patient history for future reference.
- Recommend treatment options to patients based on their medical conditions and answer patient’s queries related to treatment or the illness.
Homeopathy Skills and Specifications
A homeopathic practitioner is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Sound knowledge of homeopathic medicines and treatments.
- Ability to store medical histories and medical notes of all the patients.
- Must be able to take decisions under pressure and also be able to work during emergency situations.
- Motivate and support patients who are emotionally weak and build confidence in them.
- Willingness to learn continuously and must be updated with the latest treatment techniques in homeopathy.
- Must have excellent level of patience, people skills and communication skills as they have to interact with patients and other medical practitioners.
Homeopathy Education and Qualification
The following are the education and qualification that is required by a homeopathic practitioner:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or any related field.
- A four year degree in medicine from an accredited medical school.
- Candidates can take up homeopathic courses from medical institutions or from an accredited university.
- Acquiring license is mandatory for a homeopathic practitioner to work as a doctor and it can be obtained from the American Institute of Homeopathy’s American Board of Homeotherapeutics.
- Course works in homeopathy pharmaceuticals, homeopathy for personality types can be taken by candidates.
- Certification can be obtained after completing a 3 year certification program.
A homeopathic practitioner is expected to earn around $71,300 per annum and it can go up to $99,100 per annum. The salary can go up to $188,000 based on the qualification and experience of the homeopathic doctor.
Category: Health Care Job Descriptions