HR Administrator Job Profile and Description
HR administrator’s job entails providing HR administrative support on day-to-day basis and contributing to the long-run development of HR function in specific during an initial phase of recruitment growth and development. HR administrator supports the HR Advisor and HR Manager in providing a comprehensive Hr service to managers and staff within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing directly human resources staff: scheduling, assigning and directing work; conducting interview, hiring and orienting new staff; supervising or conducting training, coaches; evaluating and giving appraisals; and ensuring good quality of work.
- Conducting with and advising management and supervising human resource issues; investigating human resource related problems and making recommendations to the organization.
- Ensuring the execution of criminal record checks fully in a timely effective manner.
- Providing HR advice and support to line managers and employees, explaining procedures and policies in a timely effective manner.
- Assisting in the development of human resource procedures and policies.
- Contributing to HR projects like introducing an induction program.
- Administering the performance of management system.
- Entering data into the database or HR system for maintaining accurate records.
- Providing data for and preparing management information reports and documents.
- Liaising with payroll, absence recording, and holiday recording systems.
- Administering the probationary review time periods.
- Maintaining and developing the filing system of personnel.
- Assisting the human resource officer with the maintenance and development of human resource procedures and policies.
- Advising staff regarding personnel, benefits, and pay issues.
- Administering staff benefits, programs, and events.
- Counseling applicants and employees on rules, policies, benefits, procedures and job opportunities.
- Supporting in completion of job application materials and documents, and preparation of employment interviews and tests.
- Performing or supervising payroll processing, developing, and implementing procedures and applications.
- Establishing, organizing and supervising the maintenance of department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality.
- Evaluating risks and giving advices for risk management procedures, processes, policies, and practices.
- Preparing, reviewing, interpreting, analyzing and approving a variety of data, information and reports, and making recommendations depending on findings.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of management, supervisory, leadership methods and principles.
- Knowledge of organization, operating procedures, and policies of the human resource department.
- Fair knowledge of techniques of interviewing, selecting and recruiting applicants for employment.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and processes.
- Relevant computer software and hardware applications knowledge.
- Ability to manage and develop employee coach, counsel, plan, delegate, train, direct, mentor, evaluate, and discipline.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Able to motivate individuals in achieving goals and objectives.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources field from an accredited institution.
- Degree level education.
Category: HR Job Descriptions