HR Generalist Job Profile and Description
HR Generalist’s job entails providing support for a wide variety of activities of human resources including employee relations, recruiting, and administration of benefits. The main responsibility of HR generalist is to advise managers, supervisors, or administrators in all HR practices, to provide information to employees about regulations, contract language, and policies, and to provide general support. In general, a HR generalist performs a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Posting and advertising open positions and assisting in recruitment process at job fairs.
- Developing and maintaining good relationship with universities, employment agencies and other recruitment resources.
- Conducting an analytic job studies and constructing valid selection and job related criteria. Screening, evaluating and recommending applicants for interviews.
- Preparing and maintaining job documentation, job evaluation, and company salary structure systems.
- Writing ads and posting open positions, Drafting offer letters for new hires.
- Participating in interviews as required and assisting staff members in identifying and creating job related interview questions.
- Administering and explaining benefits to employees, serving as liaison between insurance carriers and employees.
- Checking applicant references, making job offers and initiating needed paperwork.
- Recommending, developing, and scheduling development and training courses.
- Participating in development and execution of orientation programs and procedures for new employs.
- Providing research and statistical information to staff in collecting, preparing and analyzing the information for use in implementation of procedures and policies.
- Assisting with compensation and classification issues.
- Reviewing employee complaints and ensuring accurate and timely documentation of concerns or issues.
- Facilitating actions to resolve the employee issues and escalating them to appropriate management team.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Basic writing, reading and arithmetic skills.
- Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
- Good professional appearance.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources or Business.
- Degree in Human Resources or Business from an accredited institution.
Category: HR Job Descriptions