HR Specialist Job Profile Description
HR specialist’s job is to work as a supportive and cooperative Human Resources team member providing the best potential customer service, with specific knowledge in the budget management, civil service, and administration activities of the Human Resources department. The main responsibility of HR specialist is to provide information to certified and substitute employees regarding regulations and policies, providing general support, addressing a broad variety of issues, maintaining files, databases, records of actions of personnel, evaluations, and tenure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in supervising a variety of programs and policies regarding employees such as advertising job positions, recruitment, processing applications, verifying employment, separation, contracts, and compensation schedule in compliance with organization’s policies, contracts, laws, and agreements.
- Interpreting various written materials such as transcripts, employment records, references, employment regulations, and education codes.
- Communicating with other departments, employees, applicants, administrators, and staff provide information and assistance regarding recruitment, transfers, employment, personnel records and legislation.
- Assisting in scheduling various meetings and employee programs and events in compliance with department needs.
- Conducting employee orientation programs like introducing personnel, employment benefits, payroll, assisting in filling of enrollment forms.
- Providing written references, conveying information through developed written materials such as forms, brochures, procedures, and pamphlets required for documentation activities.
- Ensuring the accurate information reflects in payroll database, verifying, and providing inputs regarding data and pay changes.
- Informing applicants and employees regarding various programs and procedure requirements such as tenure, hours of work, benefits, general work expectations, and time off.
- Preparing invoices and payment related to payroll reporting.
- Supporting new employee orientation programs, notifies employees on health, dental, medical, and compensation benefits.
- Maintaining confidentially concerning personnel actions, legal actions, termination and non-renewal documents, and organizational plans.
- Collecting information on benefits, salaries, and issues regarding contract negotiations.
- Providing recommendations to the Director of Human Resources on training programs, trouble areas, and many other opportunities.
- Providing overall assistance and research support to HR and Finance teams on benefit policies, programs, and procedures.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and practices related to payroll activities.
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and practices.
- Able to exercise great initiative independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain the confidential information.
- Ability to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Ability to negotiate contribution agreement and contracts.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field.
- Degree in Human Resources Management related field from an accredited institution.
Category: HR Job Descriptions