Inbound Call Center Job Description and Profile
An Inbound Call Center handles only the inbound calls from the customers. The representatives of an inbound call center are individuals who answer these calls. Their responsibility is to respond to incoming calls from the customers to take their orders, answer questions and inquiries, troubleshoot problems, provide information and handle complaints regarding the organization’s products or services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answering phones from customers professionally and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Researching required information using accessible resources.
- Handling and resolving customer complaints regarding product sales to customer service problems.
- Providing customers with the organization’s service and product information.
- Processing forms, orders, and applications requested by the customers.
- Identifying, escalating priority issues and reporting to the high-level management.
- Routing inbound calls to the appropriate resources.
- Following up complicated customer calls where required.
- Completing call logs and call reports as necessary and updating them in the database.
- Obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to handle complaints and inquiries.
- Recording details of comments, inquiries, complaints, and actions taken.
- Managing administration, communicating and coordinating with internal departments.
Skills and Specifications
- Technical expert in related computer applications.
- Great communication skills as well as ability to work with others in close manner.
- Good keyboard skills and impressive telephone etiquette.
- Able to react effectively and calmly in emergencies
- Able to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Related product knowledge.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or high school diploma from an accredited institution
- Experience in call center activities.
Category: Call Center Job Descriptions