Internet Banking Specialist Job Profile and Description
An internet banking specialist is one who is in charge of assisting the team in an internet banking department of a bank. The specialist is expected to provide services that are surrounded by technical and professional expertise for proper functioning of the internet banking service provided by a bank.
The internet banking specialist has to channelize the communication that the customer undertakes with the bank officials and document them in electronic form for future reference. It is the prime responsibility of the internet banking specialist to resolve customer issues which are raised through emails or pass them on to the relevant department accordingly.
Internet Banking Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of an internet banking specialist will involve:
- To assist the bank in enhancing the relationship with internet banking customers.
- To assist the customers in making best use of internet banking services and providing them online support especially for first time users.
- Provide feedback to the management on the online internet banking services as per the specified periods to superiors when needed.
- Provide better internet banking experience by offering innovative ideas to improve quality of service at all times.
- Undertake online research to offer best possible resolution to banking customers belonging to all product categories.
Internet Banking Specialist Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of an internet banking specialist include:
- Excellent customer service skills are most essential as the internet banking specialist is projecting the image of the bank.
- The candidate should have very good knowledge of usage of the internet technology due to it being the prime responsibility.
- Computer proficiency is essential as the candidate is required to make use of all kinds of computer applications such as Msoffice, Msexcel etc on the job.
- Good oral and written communication skills are mandatory for the candidate.
- Good time management skills as accuracy and timely assistance to customers are essential for this role.
Internet Banking Specialist Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for an internet banking specialist are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in any discipline is mandatory for the position of an internet banking specialist.
- A diploma or a course in computer applications is also considered necessary.
Internet Banking Specialist Salary
An internet banking specialist can expect an average salary of $45,000 per annum. Depending on the educational qualification and experience the salary may also vary.
Category: Banking Job Descriptions