Inventory Coordinator Job Profile and Description
The profile of an Inventory Coordinator is that of managing and controlling of all the inventory and stock of the company and channelizing the distribution of the same. This job requires organizing, planning and timely allocation of goods in accordance with the budgetary limits. Inventory coordinators are mostly required in warehouses, industrial units and retail stockrooms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Checking the inventory list of products and maintaining adequate inventory levels in the warehouse.
- Keeping track of all inventory for transportation.
- Assigning tags and labels for all housed merchandise.
- Making note of damaged, lost and stolen goods.
- Coordinating with material managers, retail managers and purchase managers for the procurement and channelized distribution of inventory.
- Monitoring the inventory turnover ratio.
- Ensuring the compliance of Occupational Safety and Health Administration rules and norms (OSHA) of all workers in the warehouse.
- Making sure the proper and systematic handling of all inventories in the warehouse.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge and understanding to work with computer inventory programs and software(s).
- Should possess good mathematical and analytical skill sets.
- Ability and effectiveness to manage time to meet set targets and deadlines.
- Good leadership skills and abilities.
- Good written and oral communication skills for interacting and coordinating work within the organizational departments.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in retail, logistics, supply chain management or any related field.
- Post Graduate degree in supply chain, operations or inventory management, stocktaking or any related discipline, with a minimum 2 years experience in inventory coordination.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions