Inventory Specialist Job Profile and Description
The job of an Inventory Specialist involves administration, management and supervision. This is a specialized profile in which, an individual is required to multi-task and adjust to the workings of a dynamic environment. He/she is also liable to look into all inventory management functions while coordinating with internal as well as external sources of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating inventory requirements and procurement details with vendors and customers.
- Making inventory budgets and maintaining the stock ratio of the organization.
- Supervising the inventory cycle counting.
- Accounting and Reporting of inventory surplus, product returns, and any damages.
- Evaluating the cost movement of company products and assessing the purchase and invoice details.
- Replenishing stock in the warehouse and filling of order forms.
- Forecasting and estimating the potential stock requirements, based on sale reports.
- Tracking the transportation and distribution of inventory.
- Maintaining and overseeing the records of all stocks and compiling evaluation reports.
- Conducting a daily audit of inventory.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of using barcode equipment.
- Knowledge of operating a PC and working on inventory software and programs.
- Should possess strong calculative and analytical skill sets.
- Ability and effectiveness to manage time to meet required deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communiqué expertise for networking and synchronizing work.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, material management, logistics, supply chain or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Post Graduate degree in supply chain, retail, operations, inventory management or any related field, with a minimum 2 years experience in stock management.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions