Laundry Manager Job Description and Profile
A laundry manager job outlook involves reporting to the immediate manager and involves work description that ensures that all laundry are washed and recorded in accordance with the management rules and procedures. The laundry manager is in charge of ensuring that all equipment is switched off when not in use or not being supervised.
Duties and responsibilities
The following are a laundry manager job duties carried on a typical basis:
- Check all linen for stains and damage and report in case damaged.
- Keep clean and dirty linen separate within the laundry area
- Perform minor repairs to clients’ clothing
- Participate in staff and client meetings as required
- Ensure the laundry room is clean and tidy. On a daily basis, wash down washers, dryers and laundry bags; clean lint trays/vents; mop floors
- Use appropriate protective clothing when dealing with soiled / infected linen
- Ensure statutory health and safety standards in the laundry area
- Promote and ensure the good reputation of the laundry centre
- Ensure the security of the laundry centre is maintained at all times
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned
Skills and Specifications
Below are laundry manager job skills needed to efficiently carry out the tasks:
- Ability to communicate well in English.
- Cheerful, bubbly service oriented and energetic personality.
- Ability to perform the skills of a laundry manager effectively with leadership qualities.
Education and Qualifications
You should have at least 3 or more years experience and currently holding the same position or higher in a reputable hotel.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions