A lease administrator plays a very important role in law firms and law offices. He is involved in maintaining and processing lease agreements of clients. He keeps a record of these agreements and makes sure that correct information is enlisted in all the legal documents. He reviews lease agreements and arranges meetings between attorneys, landlords, tenants etc. Thus, his job is a combination of office work and interaction with vital clients, current tenants and legal advisors. In some cases he needs to perform clerical and administrative responsibilities like preparing copies of property leases, preparing the financial reports and surveys, inspecting properties and analyzing lease amounts to make sure that all the federal and state laws are followed in correct order and form. He is required to be prepared and be on call whenever there is an urgency to visit sites for allotment. He should also be aware and have in depth knowledge about all the legal involvements and proceedings regarding lease administration.
Lease administrator duties and responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a lease administrator are given below:
- Prepare lease formats and legal documents related to it.
- Explain the terms and policies of the lease to both the parties.
- Prepare and maintain legal details and all the required details of both the parties.
- Maintain records and create database of clients.
- Resolve problems in legal ways if any.
- Create report and keep the management updated about latest issues.
- Conduct meetings between potential clients and the legal team.
- Contribute in the overall development of the law office.
- Resolve legal issues of clients with utmost efficiency and urgency.
- Provide guidance to group members and juniors whenever necessary.
Lease Administrator skills and specifications
A lease administrator should posses the following skills and specifications:
- Good personality and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent communication skill, both written and oral.
- Persuasive and goal oriented.
- Must have good organizational skill and detail oriented.
- Good legal knowledge.
- Must stay updated about the latest developments and any new legal policy.
- Ability to work for long hours.
- Work with efficiency and enthusiasm.
- Self motivated and able to initiate the same among team members.
Lease Administrator Education and Qualification
It is essential to have the following education and qualification for a lease administrator:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university
- Diploma in legal administration or any specialization certificate in the related field.
- Experience certificate in lease administration from a reputed institution.
Lease Administrator Salary
A lease administrator can expect to earn an average annual salary of $51,500. This figure may vary depending upon the job profile and experience of the candidate.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions