Legal Compliance Officer Job Profile and Description
A legal compliance officer is an employee of a company whose main job is to see to it that all the procedures, policies and internal control are in proper adherence with the legal acumen or regulations. These individuals have exceptional regulatory and legal knowledge and use their auditing expertise to help a company work as per industry standards and policies.
To become a legal compliance officer, one must possess accounting auditing education apart from some experience of law. Additionally, the right skills and work experience too count when one is applying for this position. A detail of the job description of a legal compliance officer is given below:
Legal Compliance Officer Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a legal compliance officer are given as follows:
- Providing auditing and accounting advice to the company and helps it remain in proper code of conduct.
- Makes sure that the company adheres with the regulatory norms and industry standards and policies so as to avoid any legal mess.
- To plan, design, schedule and execute the auditing procedures to find out fault areas and to correct them
- To delegate duties within the legal department or team.
- To make real time decisions as far as performing tasks is concerned to avoid financial or other losses.
- To keep himself updated with latest regulations and industry norms of control.
Legal Compliance Officer Skills and Specifications
To become a legal compliance officer, a person must possess the following given skills and specifications:
- Good managerial skills and leadership qualities are a must.
- To be good at communication skills or interpersonal skills are also needed.
- Hardworking, dedicated, diligent and ability to work for long hours.
- Good at accounting and auditing procedures.
- Knowledge of law and of the various legal procedures and norms.
- Exceptional experience at enforcing legal norms and government regulations within a company.
Legal Compliance officer Education and Qualification
The following are the various educational qualifications which a person must possess to become a legal compliance officer:
- A bachelor’s degree is any subject, preferably in accounting, law or finance is a must for anyone who wants to be a legal compliance officer.
- A master’s degree is not a compulsory requirement but getting one in any of the above mentioned subjects can help.
Legal Compliance officer Salary
On an average, a person working as a legal compliance officer can expect to earn an annual median salary of $80060.
Category: Legal Job Descriptions