Library Assistant Director Job Profile and Description
A Library Assistant Director is a person who works in a library and is responsible for the overall organization, supervision, administration and development of the library services and operations. The assistant of the library director works directly under the library director to perform all the main duties in his/her absence. The main task of an assistant library director is to see to it that all the books and content in the library is properly arranged, well managed and the functioning of the library is smooth. He/she may also be responsible for taking care of finances and accounting related tasks. To know more about the job description of a library assistant director, you can read the following information:
Library Assistant Director Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the main job duties and responsibilities of a Library Assistant Director:
- To assume the duties of a library director in his/her absence.
- To assist on the administration of all the library services including mentorship, monitoring of staff, management of titles and handling of accounts.
- To coordinate the goals, implement plans, maintain the library budget and investigate problems if any.
- To order books when required and keep track of the titles which are issued to the customers or members.
- To maintain discipline in the library and make sure the library’s regular needs and supplies are met.
Library Assistant Director Skills and Specifications
The following are the various skills which every library assistant director must possess in order to do the job well:
- Strong managerial skills, exceptional organizational abilities and good leadership qualities.
- Ability to take orders and execute them.
- Good accounting skills, computer skills and mathematical abilities.
- Good interpersonal qualities and negotiating skills.
- Strong knowledge of data storage and retrieval systems and good skills at using other related software.
- Dedication, hardwork and focus are the other skills needed by a library assistant director.
Library Assistant Director Education and Qualification
The following are some of the educational qualifications needed by a Library Assistant Director:
- A high school diploma or certification from a state recognised school is a mandatory requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in library science or computers is a must requirement.
- Master’s degree in library science and about 6 to 10 years of experience in public library service at supervisory level is also needed.
Library Assistant Director Salary
The average annual salary of a library assistant director is calculated to be $54892.
Category: Director Job Descriptions