Logistics Sales Director Job Profile and Description
Third party logistics (3PL) service providers offer their warehouse space to corporate clients in the export and import businesses as well as local suppliers outsourcing their inventory space requirements permanently or in the interim. To this end, the Logistics Sales Director heads a team of Logistics Sales Account Executives who convert potential customers into actual revenue streams for the 3PL company. The team can be found in many freight forwarding and full freighter airlines as well as in export processing and industrial zones.
Logistics Sales Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the sales targets, selling standards and corporate promotions campaigns for sales managers and agents to conform with at all times.
- Provide the final screening interview for job applicants for the sales management vacancies in the department
- Coordinate with the tariffs office to ensure that warehouse space pricing is competitive and attractive given the facilities and services the warehouse provides to its clients.
- Meet with prospective clients to present 3PL service commitments and warehousing storage solutions.
- Negotiate with prospective clients on 3PL service prices and offer best deals without going below break even point and a decent commercial profit, especially during lean months of operation.
Logistics Sales Director Skills and Specifications
- Must have a working knowledge about the 3PL industry and the standard minimum service features of the business
- Must have superb communications, social and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent organizational, leadership, and managerial skills
Logistics Sales Director Education and Qualifications
- A Master’ Degree in management or business administration or equivalence in the number of years of experience in supply chain management is basic.
- At least 12-15 years experience in the supply chain management with the last 3-5 years in a managerial capacity.
Logistics Sales Director Salary
The average annual salary of a Logistics Director varies with the industry where the business belongs. 3rd party logistics service providers in the electronics industry often pay more than those in the food or garment industries. In general, the annual salary falls most commonly in the $87,000 to $102,000 range.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions