Maintenance Clerk Job Profile and Description
The role of a Maintenance Clerk is to keep records and assist in the repairs and refurbishment of machinery, electrical works and other servicing related activities. Individuals of such profile work under the guidance of a maintenance manager or a supervisor and are required to follow all standard operating procedures of work. Manufacturing industries, commercial facilities and residential complexes mostly recruit such maintenance clerks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting all systems and machinery of a facility.
- Identifying defects and malfunctions and repairing the same.
- Effectively using testing and repair tools and equipments.
- Keeping a record of all the maintenance and service activities, which have been conducted in a facility.
- Filling order forms and other documentations for the purchase of spare parts for machinery.
- Complying with all corporate policies and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA) while working.
- Efficiently managing time, meeting deadlines and completing all tasks assigned by the supervising authority.
- Coordinating work functions with fellow worker and other departments of the organization.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to efficiently work in a team and coordinate work with other departments.
- Aptitude to take orders and execute the same efficiently.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree or diploma in mechanical or electrical engineering or any other related field of study, with 2 – 3 years of experience of working as a maintenance clerk.
Category: Maintenance Job Description