Maintenance Supervisor Job Profile and Description
The role of a Maintenance Supervisor is of immense responsibility and accountability. Individuals of such genres are liable to ensure the proper conducting of all maintenance and service functions in a facility. This job requires organisational and administration expertise for effectively managing a team of subordinates. Maintenance supervisors usually work at manufacturing units, automobile service centres and other commercial and residential facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that all maintenance activities in a facility are appropriately carried out.
- Maintaining and upholding the quality and standards of an organisation.
- Keeping a record of all maintenance and service activities conducted and maintaining a cycle of the same.
- Ensuring proper working shifts of employees.
- Recruiting maintenance staff and evaluating their performances.
- Interacting with other departments to ensure the proper functioning of all systems in a facility.
- Complying with all safety norms and regulations set by the industry.
- Delegating work to subordinates and ensuring the timely completion of the same.
- Filing purchase orders and other documentations for the procurement of spare and replacement parts.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Should have good leadership and organisational skills and the ability to motivate team members.
Education and Qualifications
- High School degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree in administration, management, personnel management, or any other discipline with about 2 – 3 years of experience as a maintenance supervisor.
Category: Maintenance Job Description