Management Trainee Job Profile and Description
A Management Trainee is someone who is being prepared for management responsibilities in an organization. Every industry requires managerial staff and a Management Trainee is responsible for gaining experience and knowledge in the field he has been assigned to so that he becomes capable of a managerial position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The main duty of a management trainee is to gain as much knowledge as he can about the organization he is working for.
- He has to receive training and perform duties of several departments, namely, Sales, Finance, Operations, IT, Client Services and Healthcare Data Solutions.
- He has to set his performance goals with the upper management.
- He has to educate himself in company policies that affect business.
- He has to monitor the progress of his performance with key trainers and senior management.
- He has to receive training from supervisors of related departments as well.
- He also has to observe experienced staff and gain knowledge about procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing his departmental duties.
Skills and Specifications
- A Management Trainee must have the ability to soak up as much knowledge as he can during his traineeship.
- He must be matured and adaptable.
- He must have good people skills which will enable him to effectively gain from the expertise of the various persons working in the organization.
- He must possess a desire for teamwork.
- He should be proficient with the computer. Ability to work on Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access are a must to be successful as a Management Trainee.
- Good organizational and analytical skills are also important for being successful in this profession.
- He must be a quick learner.
Education and Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree is the minimum educational qualification required to be a Management Trainee.
Category: Management Job Descriptions