Manufacturing Operations Manager Job Profile and Description
Manufacturing Operations Manager is responsible for overall aspectual process of the production. The Manufacturing operations manager manages several supervisors working under the plant manager’s supervision. The role of operational manager is to provide leadership of logistics, materials, supply chain, planning, and manufacturing functions and to manage these tasks directly. The operational manager’s key challenge is to maintain production within specific guidelines for production efficiency, labor cost, product rework, waste amounts, and control of on-hold product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, directing, and coordinating the manufacturing of products in compliance with company goals and objectives.
- Analyzing delivery and inventory issues and providing solutions.
- Establishing and controlling conditions of production in order to satisfy customer and quality specifications.
- Participating actively in standardization, cost reduction, and finding out ERP system protocols.
- Directing the regional managers in provision and execution of operating strategies and plans.
- Organizing and directing workflow for satisfying production requirement in a cost-efficient manner.
- Investigation and analyzing new coordinates and processes, where feasible.
- Developing and motivating the cost-effective alternatives ad improvements to production process.
- Maintaining employee safety and morale by creating safe working and efficient working environment.
- Managing the purchasing, stock control, distribution, production-scheduling tasks for multiple manufacturing regions.
- Maintaining proper employment levels through selecting, interviewing, and training of personnel.
- Supervising entre operation of production under the guidance of plant manager.
- Performing analysis of manufacturing materials and determining optimum control levels.
- Liaising with the product line manager on planning and predicting customer orders to satisfy shipments.
- Maximizing the efficiency of production lines and ensuring the effective employment utilization.
Skills and Specifications
- High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
- Able to motivate, influence, and train people.
- Able to interact with all professionals of Plant Management.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, logistics, or related field.
- Masters in business or logistics is an added advantage.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions