Manufacturing Planner Job Profile and Description
A manufacturing planner is someone who is responsible for creating and administering the schedule for the manufacturing process of a product. He has to take care of operations and ensure that the product is shipped to customers as well as guarantee customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The manufacturing planner has to handle and monitor the manufacturing cycle of a product.
- He has to liaison and coordinates with the sales, procurement and other departments in the organization’s supply chain network.
- He is responsible for developing and executing the schedule for the manufacture of goods.
- He needs to handle distribution deadlines and ensure that customer’s demands are fulfilled.
- He has to perform regular audits regarding manufacturing capacity, size of the workforce and production specifications of the organization.
- After the manufacturing process has started, he has to ensure that the proper schedule is being kept to.
- He has to make detailed reports about each cycle in the manufacturing process.
Skills and Responsibilities
- A manufacturing planner has to be a very organized person to be successful in this profession.
- He should be equipped with the unique ability to be a good planner and analyzers and also be able to think on short-term and long-term basis.
- He should have the communication skills to communicate effectively and appropriately with customers, vendors and staff.
- He should possess the ability to gain the confidence and credibility of others.
- He must have an eye for details.
Education and Qualifications
A 4–year degree in Business Administration or Operations Management is required for persons who want to become a manufacturing planner. Alternatively, a college degree in any stream is necessary. Possessing a certificate from the Association for Operations Management is an added advantage for persons who want to increase their marketability.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions