Manufacturing Plant Manager Job Profile and Description
A manufacturing plant manager is responsible for the overall operations of a manufacturing plant. He is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing deadlines and budgets are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The manufacturing plant manager has to look after the entire workings of a manufacturing plant.
- He is responsible for ensuring that the product being manufactured meets the company’s standards, policies and practices.
- He has to keep the budget under control and make sure that it does not go against the company’s standard practices.
- He has to involve himself in the annual business planning and budgeting of the manufacturing plant.
- He has to confer with senior management to ensure that manufacturing objectives are being met.
- He has to supervise the work of the whole staff working for the manufacturing plant.
- He has to make short and long term plans in a bid to increase the efficiency and profitability of the plant.
Skills and Specifications
- Leadership skills are an important pre – requisite for a manufacturing plant manager.
- He should also have very good organizational skills as he has to constantly keep in touch with various departments of the organization he is working for.
- He should have good analyzing skills as well.
- He should be a problem – solver and be able to grasp the problem at hand and take quick steps to resolve it.
- Proficiency in financial matters is also important to be successful in this profession because a lot of this job entails meeting the budget requirements of the plant.
Education and Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering is important for persons who want to become a manufacturing plant manager because of the wide range of mechanics and technicalities involved. A person who has degree in management along with engineering will have an edge over the others. Knowledge about the industry principles is an added advantage.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions