Manufacturing Technician Job Profile and Description
A manufacturing technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the machinery and products of an organization. He is the part of the manufacturing unit of an organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The manufacturing technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of any of the machinery or product of the organization he has been hired by.
- He has to proactively involve himself in identifying the defects in the manufacturing of a machinery and find out ways in which it can be rectified.
- He has to report to his supervisor in matters of manufacturing defects and ensure that they are addressed.
- He may have to make entries of manufacturing data on the computer.
Skills and Specifications
- As the position involves working with machinery directly, it is very important for the manufacturing technician to have very high technical skills.
- He should have basic math skills and a problem – solving attitude.
- He should be self – motivated and be able to easily grasp complex documented procedures.
- He should be proficient in using the computer for basic data entry and maintenance about the work that has been assigned to him.
- He should have the ability and desire to learn from observing senior personnel at work.
- He should be willing to work in shifts. Sometimes, a company may require its manufacturing technicians to work the graveyard shift as well.
- He may have to do some travelling for the organization if he has been assigned to maintain and repair machinery that has been installed in the customer’s places.
- Many manufacturing technicians work on a freelancing basis and are hired on contract. Having good business contacts thus helps in ensuring that he does not have to go without work.
Education and Qualifications
A high school diploma is the minimum educational qualification required to be a manufacturing technician. A technical diploma is an added advantage.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions