Marketing Account Assistant Job Profile and Description
A Marketing Account Assistant works closely with the Marketing Manager, helping him to manage the accounts in his or her portfolio. The Marketing Assistant is an important cog in the wheel of marketing activities in an organization. This is a junior level job and has the potential to pave the way for enthusiastic and ambitious men and women to reach the senior level positions in the company.
The gamut of activities that a Marketing Account Assistant takes up revolves around all the marketing endeavours like research and reporting, driving sales promotional campaigns, helping the sales team to achieve targets through various promotional activities, which the Marketing Manager plans or lays out.
Marketing Account Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Marketing Account Assistant are
- Assisting the immediate reporting authority in conducting market research activities.
- Assisting the Manager to write out the reports of such research.
- Assisting in the analysis and interpretation of the data collected through the research.
- Making arrangements for events that are lined up as promotional activities.
- Meeting clients and various other stakeholders on behalf of the Marketing Account Manager to update about the proceedings.
- At times, writing content for campaigns that are driven online as marketing and promotional activities.
- Assist in writing out press releases wherever applicable.
Marketing Account Assistant Skills and Specification
The skills sets and specifications that a Marketing Account Assistant should possess include the following:
- A team player
- A dynamic personality with above average communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Should be able to work under pressure of tight schedules and short deadlines.
- Should be able to devote more time than the stipulated office timings at certain times when deadlines have to be met.
- Be able to organise his work in a methodical way.
- Be able to manage the time efficiently as the work can be baffling in case it is not prioritised and worked upon.
- Be able to work as per directions given.
- Mathematical skills
Marketing Account Assistant Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications required to become a Marketing Account Assistant is
- A Diploma in Marketing Management, or
- A Certificate in Marketing Practises, or
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or digital Marketing.
Marketing Account Assistant Salary
The salary for a Marketing Account Assistant depends on the industry that the job is catering to. The salary for the post can be up to US $ 46000 annually. Besides this sometimes the marketing team is eligible for sharing the incentives that accrue to the marketing department.
Category: Account Job Descriptions