Marketing Analyst Job Profile and Description
A Marketing Analyst’s job entails providing insights and information regarding markets, competitors, customers and effectiveness of campaign, in supporting business decisions and in measuring performance. Most marketing analysts report to Marketing Director. They plan and manage a wide range of research projects and work tightly with senior management to understand findings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing analysis of all sales activities and marketing campaigns.
- Designing research projects, which answer particular business questions.
- Analyzing marketing metrics for identifying effect-cause relationships between financial outcomes and marketing actions to raise profitability.
- Working with Product Management for identifying modern marketing opportunities and working with customers in completing concept testing.
- Developing surveys and focus groups to capture data on market research.
- Conducting market research for determining brand perceptions, understanding customer needs, evaluating market penetration, analyzing competitors.
- Managing market segmentation, positioning exercises, targeting as required.
- Performing customer satisfaction survey annually and compiling results report.
- Building marketing dashboards, which visualizes fundamental performance indicators.
- Completing competitive analysis for maintaining the company competitor advantages.
- Integrating market research information with the company system to develop new leads.
- Conducting industry analysis: Technological, Social, Political and Economical.
- Monitoring and tracking website messaging, competitive advertisements etc.
- Providing daily snapshot carry away excel spreadsheets and reports.
Skills and Specifications
- Exceptional knowledge of sales, business and marketing processes.
- Strong business reporting, project management and writing skills.
- Should be able to develop effectual relationships and operate with senior executives.
- Effective leadership, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen, analytical, problem solving, data manipulation and management skills.
- Should be able to contribute to planning and strategic thinking.
- Strong computer skills that includes reporting software and business intelligence.
- Exceptional written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Should be able to travel as required.
- High level of personal enthusiasm and self-motivation.
Education and Qualification
- Degree or diploma in marketing, business or any related field from an accredited university.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Marketing from an accredited institution.
Category: Marketing Job Descriptions