Marketing Project Manager Job Profile and Description
Marketing is as everybody knows an integral part of every industry and every sector. It is also a very critical segment leading to success or failure of the respective business venture. While most organisations have internal marketing departments, many independent marketing firms also exist.
A marketing project manager is the individual who is bestowed with the responsibility of a managing the entire marketing project. He/ she have to oversee the project and are answerable for every aspect of it. It is a very important position and a critical one as well. The candidate at the post must be well educated and able of all that needs to be done for the project to be successful.
Marketing Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities associated with the position of a marketing project manager are:
- Develop and incorporate the strategies to help sell the product as per the requirements of the industry and the customers.
- Oversee the designing aspects of the campaign like website designs, campaign designs, brochures etc.
- Arrange for and manage the press conferences and other key events in reference to the campaign.
- Assign tasks to the employees as per the plans, ensure that work gets done accordingly and solve any problems faced in the process.
- Provide timely checks and hence corrections to the plan of action.
Marketing Project Manager Skills and Specifications
The following skills and specifications are a prerequisite to this job position:
- Good organisational, planning and managerial skills.
- Leadership qualities while also being able to work in a team
- Well versed with the latest computer software, programs and other technologies used in marketing
- Aware of recent developments in the marketing industry
- Good mitigation abilities
- Motivational abilities so as to motivate the team to achieve targets.
Marketing Project Manager Education and Qualification
The qualifications that an individual aspiring to be a marketing project manager must have are:
- A bachelors’ or other graduate level degree in business management, marketing, business administration or other related field is essential.
- A master’s degree in the same fields as mentioned above or other related/ relevant fields may be cited as a necessity by some organisations.
- A basic level of training (depending upon the organisation) is required to be completed before taking on this position.
- Some organisations may require the individual to have prior experience as well.
Marketing Project Manager Salary
The average salary for the marketing project managers is estimated to be about $86,000 annually.
Category: Management Job Descriptions