Marketing Representative Job Profile and Description
A marketing representative is someone who is responsible for creating awareness about a product, service, business or organization. He is responsible for supporting a wide range of marketing activities and is the connection between the buyer and seller.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A marketing representative has to attend regular meetings with clients regarding the product, service or organization he has to represent.
- He has to attend sales meetings regularly in order to understand the product, service or brand he has to market.
- He has to study customer feedback and organize surveys.
- He has to plan strategies and ways in making the product or service exciting enough for customers to endorse.
- He has to handle the advertising and public relations of the product or service of his client.
- He has to maintain good relationships with different media houses and advertising firms.
Skills and Specifications
- Very strong marketing skills are an obvious necessity for a marketing representative.
- He has to possess good oral and written communication skills.
- He has to have the self – confidence and interpersonal skills to gain the trust and confidence of different people.
- He has to be self – motivated and must have a drive to excel in this competitive environment.
- He has to have good business contacts with different sets of people as he needs them in handling the marketing of products and services.
- He should be willing to work long hours, especially during product launches of his clients.
- He must be capable of working in stressful situations.
Education and Qualifications
Persons who want to become a marketing representative need to have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or the like. A degree in a specialized area, such as finance, communications or banking is an added advantage in that specific industry.
Category: Marketing Job Descriptions