Senior Project Manager Job Profile and Description
Every organisation needs senior project managers to head their respective projects and ensure their timely completion. This position is at the higher hierarchical level and has many individuals working under them.
The senior project manager is responsible for the proper functioning of the entire project team and is accountable for the project as a whole. It is a great responsibility and hence the senior project manager position is a critical one. To further explain the nature of this job position, here is a description of various aspects of this post.
Senior Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Duties/ responsibilities to be carried on by senior project manager:
- Initiate the strategic planning for a path to follow to achieve successful completion of the project.
- Critically observe and move forward in the process of project planning.
- Ensuring the teams working as per and the operations are being implanted as per the plans laid down.
- Dealing with the creative, technical and financial issues that may arise along the way until the completion of the project.
- Keeping the higher management and other key officials updated about the developments.
- Develop and manage the budgets and nudge the employees in the right direction in a timely fashion.
Senior Project Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills a senior project manager must possess are as follows:
- Good leadership skills along with motivational abilities.
- Must be a team player and be able to promote coordination, harmony in the team.
- Be a great manager.
- Have good organisational and planning abilities to move forward with the project.
- Communication skills and other interpersonal skills
- Well equipped with the technical software
- All the knowhow of the industry
Senior Project Manager Education and Qualification
The education requirements of senior project manager are given below.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business related field like business management, administration, commerce etc is the first basic requirement.
- A master’s level degree in business related fields is needed.
- Most organisations provide the officials with basic training before promoting them to higher position.
- Besides education these officials must have prior work experience before they begin work as a senior project manager.
Senior Project Manager Salary
The average salary for a senior project manager is in the range of $ 77,741 per annum to $ 121,928 per annum depending upon the type of the organisation and the qualifications of the candidate.
Category: Management Job Descriptions