Mechanical Engineer Job Profile and Description
A mechanical engineer’s job description can be said of the designing and the developing of machines that produce energy. The job also involves designing systems that require energy so that they can work. Mechanical engineers deal with machines that use, transmit and at the same time produce power. It should be noted that this field of engineering is quite extensive, and that mechanical engineers do specialize in specific areas of engineering. It is important for mechanical engineers to continue receiving education all through their careers to avoid becoming unmarketable and to be able to rise through the ranks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop energy producing machines and ensure that machines are fully operational.
- Design and develop energy using machines.
- Determine the needs of the customer.
- Determine the overall cost the required equipment.
- Supervise equipment installation and production.
- Operate equipment and ensure that the operating environment is safe.
- They service the equipment to ensure their long life.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Must possess a certification license from the state.
- Must be creative and highly innovative
- Should enjoy working both indoors and outdoors.
- They should be able to meet all set deadlines while ensuring that the productivity targets are also met.
- They should be willing to work overtime if ever the need to do so arises.
- Have a bias for science and mathematics as well and be naturally science oriented.
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written in order to tackle challenges in various capacities.
Education and Qualifications
- A graduate’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Advanced degree in business administration.
- An advanced degree in a specialized engineering field.
- Have significant and provable work experience.
Category: Engineering Job Descriptions