Medical Practice Manager Job Profile and Description
When it comes to the daily operation of a medical facility, a lot depends on the Medical Practice Manager. Personnel, financial and many other related matters in a medical facility need a lot of attention and careful handling which is done by this professional. The business end of a medical practice requires the thorough handling of a Medical Practice Manager. The functions and duties of this professional are as follows.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hiring, training, supervising and evaluating different medical staffs- from receptionists to medical billers.
- Preparing bank deposits, developing reports of income and expenditure and also ensuring that the medical facility has its accounts running smoothly.
- Ensuring that the janitorial and the maintenance staff are keeping the medical facility clean and well maintained.
- Carrying out different software application works like preparing of work processors, spreadsheets and emails as and when required.
- Overseeing the purchasing section of the medical facility, this would require him to keep a track of the items that need to be purchased regularly and determining whether the supply has been furnished.
Skills and Specifications
- Great oral and communication skills.
- Great leadership and developmental qualities
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to deal with different types of software applications
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration or business along with adequate knowledge in medical practices and equipments.
- Five to ten years experience in related field is an added advantage.
Category: Medical Job Descriptions