MIS Executive Job Profile and Description
Any person who is employed in a company to handle the Management Information Systems (MIS) duties is known as an MIS executive. The basic job of an MIS executive is to combine and execute computer systems, data/information and people. This profile of work concentrates on varied number of duties and tasks, thus an MIS executive has to work in several directions and take care of information technology resources for a business enterprise that he/she works for.
Thus any person who is interested in becoming an MIS executive must satisfy certain specific skill requirements and should also be suitably educated. The following is a detailed job description of an MIS executive.
MIS Executive Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the various duties and responsibilities of an MIS executive:
- One of the main duties of an individual who is an MIS executive is to supervise the IT resources and also study the data accurately.
- He/she is also responsible for managing the staff and training new recruits of the MIS segment of department.
- It is the job duty of an MIS executive to look after the security as well as the availability of data services. He/she might also need to install upgrades whenever it is required for the company.
- Another duty of a MIS executive is to follow the budget and then maintain the Information systems.
MIS Executive Skills and Specifications
To become an MIS executive, one needs to possess certain skills. The following are some of the major skills required:
- A MIS executive must have exceptional knowledge of computer systems and should be comfortable with working with computer programs and software related to IT.
- He/she must be hardworking and should have troubleshooting skills as well.
- Another skill required by an MIS executive is to be a good manager and to possess excellent leadership qualities.
MIS Executive Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a MIS executive are given below:
- The first and foremost requirement for an MIS executive is to have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other computer related subject or field.
- Individuals with an MBA are highly preferred for this job position of an MIS executive.
MIS Executive Salary
The salary depends upon the skills and qualifications of the candidate but on an average, the median salary of an MIS executive is $45000.
Category: IT Job Descriptions