Multimedia Animator Job Profile and Description:
A multimedia animator’s job profile is quite unique and challenging. Such an individual is associated with designing the website for companies and clients, and also some associated tasks like writing and framing the content and so on. This job involves long hours and proficiency in computer programs. Therefore, most people are extremely hard-pressed to learn the basics. It is quite creative too and needs some amount of training and participation.
A multimedia animator has to work in setting up the popularity ratings of his company.
Multimedia Animator Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a multimedia animator will involve:
- A multimedia animator is in charge of estimating how much the designing project will cost, and also of establishing the timescale of the project. For this he has to enter into negotiations with the project in-charge as well as the client and provide a blueprint of the project to the client.
- The multimedia animator has to work with a number of specialists in other fields like sound engineers and writers and programmers. By collaborating with these professionals, the multimedia animator can complete his project and also create project reports which contain a log record of all the work done.
- The multimedia animator also has several additional responsibilities especially if he is also the studio manager or the senior animator. His job duties in that case also involve administration work.
Multimedia Animator Skills and Specifications:
The skills and specifications of a multimedia animator must be as follows:
- Multimedia animators must have complete and thorough knowledge of software like InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Flash 3D animator and Photoshop. They should be well-versed in the technical aspect of the job and ensure that there are no hitches in the computer programs.
- Art direction and website content writing are two other things which the multimedia animator needs to know. These form an important component of their work and are the two pillars on which multimedia animation is based.
Multimedia Animator Education and Qualification:
The multimedia animator needs to have the following educational qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Designing or animation.
- Any additional diploma or certificate in the multimedia or graphics field will prove to be an added advantage.
Multimedia Animator Salary:
The salary of a multimedia animator per annum is around 65,000 USD. This is determined by the age, experience and job position of the animator as well as the project he is working on.
Category: Internet Job Descriptions