Office Messenger /Courier Job Profile and Description
In the age of the internet and the paperless office, the job of the Officer Messenger Courier is fast getting lost into oblivion. But not all industries can do away with printed documents that require being couriered between offices. The job can often be found in legal and government bureaus where many documents admissible in court have to be transmitted by courier and not over the internet. Hospitals and laboratories that have to courier medical lab, MRI and c-ray results have to be transmitted physically, among other examples.
Office Messenger/Courier Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure packaging is adequate for courier service.
- Coordinate with contracted 3rd party couriers for augmented messengerial service.
- Perform deposits of physical money in authorized banks.
- Perform courier services of documents to addressees.
- Deliver corporate gifts to clients and business partners during specific holidays
- Assist in the delivery of collateral promotional materials to outlying sales branches.
- Provide clerical tasks as may be requested by the office secretary or administrative assistant.
Office Messenger/Courier Skills and Specifications
- Has adequate comprehension skills to understand directions
- Has a thorough knowledge of the ins and outs of the metropolis to find his way to companies and their location with whom the company deals with
- Has a good command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Is highly trustworthy in handling fiduciary matters for bank deposits
- Has above average interpersonal skills to deal with office receptionists receiving packages he delivers.
Office Messenger/Courier Education and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is basic to the position
- An experience as a messenger in another office is an advantage.
Office Messenger/Courier Salary
The salary is dependent on the company and the state but is often within the mandated minimum wage levels.
Category: Office Job Descriptions