Outside Sales Job Profile and Description
An Outside Sales Representative’s job necessitates determining, generating and capturing the sales outside the organization. The main task involves taking orders of existing customers and securing prospective non-member clienteles by telephone communication or by visiting. It is essential for the Outside sale representative to provide effectively the detailed information on various products, programs or services offered by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Scheduling appointments, meeting existing customers in order t o review product requires, and to determine other opportunities.
- Effective planning to conduct sales presentations by meeting customers physically on daily basis.
- Designing professional demonstrations or presentations of company products or services while on-site.
- Liaising between the company and the customers for up-to-date condition on pricing, service and latest product release launches.
- Generating and developing non-member businesses account in order to increase revenue, through cold calling.
- Continuously updating all customers on company product modifications, changes, and enhancements.
- Enhancing up to date knowledge on new products, procedures, services and tools by attending departmental and training meetings.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, sensitivity, and tact to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Effectively attending conferences and trade shows.
- Using marketing data to maximize sales effectiveness and efficiency by using relevant sales management tools.
- Organizing joint sale calls and attending them with vendors.
- Preparing reports for sales and marketing and maintaining expense accounts.
- Performing updating and maintenance of accounts of customer including contact names and numbers for future sales.
- Providing product quotes to customers as needed.
- Ensuring follow-up after passing leads to managers with complete profile customer information, calls-to-action, sources, dates.
Skills and Specifications
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information.
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Special people skills to deal with customers and an outbound personality.
- Able to prospect non-member accounts.
- Able to upgrade and deal major businesses.
- Very strong communication skills in writing and verbal.
- Very good team player and should work well under pressure.
- Able to foster the member relation values.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Proven forecasting and customer service skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or marketing related field from an accredited institution.
- Degree in any field of sales and marketing.
Category: Sales Job Descriptions