Paralegal Assistant Job Profile and Description
A Paralegal Assistant is an individual who assists the department manager and paralegals by ensuring the appropriate preparation of lien release and lien requests. Paralegal assistants explore internet and provide administrative and clerical support to the legal assistants and department manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mailing of lien release and liens copies.
- Exploring and analyzing law sources like legal articles, legal codes, statutes for preparation of legal documents like pleadings, wills, contracts etc.
- Evaluating and inventorying personal and real property for estate planning.
- Creating and filing files for department manager and paralegals as required.
- Assisting the legal assistants with timely preparation of lien releases and liens.
- Assisting department manager and paralegals with various projects.
- Performing administrative duties as ordered by department manager.
- Maintaining superior public relations with business associates and clients.
- Filing pleadings via legal messenger or electronically with courts.
Skills and Specifications
- Self-starter and detail oriented.
- High-level proficiency in a variety of computer software programs.
- Time management and excellent organizational skills.
- Able to work with timely readiness.
- Work well under great pressure.
- Ability to learn latest skills and tasks quickly.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma from an accredited institution.
- Legal secretarial course work.
Category: Management Job Descriptions