PC Technician Job Description and Profile
PC Technician’s job entails supporting and maintaining in-house desktops, computer systems, and peripherals. This profession also includes diagnosing, installing, repairing, upgrading, and maintaining all equipment and hardware while assuring optimal workstation performance. Most PC technicians may also troubleshoot problem locales in well-timed and accurate fashion. They also provide assistance and end user training where essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting end user networked peripheral devices, workstation hardware, and networking hardware products.
- Liaising with, and providing support and training to staff and end users on computer operation issues.
- Working with end users for identifying and delivering essential PC service levels.
- Performing on-site diagnosis, analysis, and resolution of complicated PC problems for various end users, and implementing and recommending corrective hardware solutions.
- Developing and maintaining an inventory of keyboards, hard drives, printers, modems, scanners, monitors, and other peripheral devices.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls, e-mails, or pages regarding hardware and PC problems.
- Assisting in maintaining, preparing, and upholding processes for reporting, statistically monitoring, and logging PC performance.
- Monitoring and testing PC performance and providing PC performance reports and statistics.
- Constructing, testing, and installing customized configurations depending on various operating systems and platforms.
- Conducting research on various products of computer in support of its development and procurement efforts.
- Preparing documents on instances of hardware repair, installation, failure, and removal.
- Evaluating and recommending hardware products of PC for purchase.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have thorough knowledge of Windows/Exchange/Linux servers.
- Must have fair knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to organize, schedule and execute tasks effectively.
- Ability to work on your own under fast paced intense conditions.
- Should be able to liaise efficaciously with all users.
- Ability to reason-out and analyze logical steps.
Education and Qualifications
- Associate degree in PC technology or any related field from an accredited institution.
- Certification in PC technology from a certified college.
Category: Technician Job Descriptions