Performance Management Job Description and Profile
Performance Management is a framework to identify opportunities to improve performance levels using performance measures like standards and indicators. The responsibilities or steps in performance management process vary broadly depending on the emphasis of performance efforts and the individual carrying it out. The following similar steps include in typical process, whether in managing performance of subsystems, organizations, or processes. Below are the responsibilities of an individual to improve the performance levels of the employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing organizational goals to relate with preferred organizational outcomes in terms of quality, quantity, cost or timeliness.
- Specifying preferred results, called goal setting, for the employees.
- Weight, or prioritize the employee’s desired results in numeric ranking form from 1-5 or percentage level of time spent in work.
- Identifying first-level measures by considering most reliable, valid, practical measurements to evaluate the accomplishment of employee’s desired results.
- Identifying standards for evaluating the achieved results in terms of below expectations, exceeds expectations, and meets expectations.
- Documenting a performance plan that includes measures, desired results, and standards.
- Conducting ongoing measurements and observations to track an employee performance exchanging ongoing feedback on performance to them.
- Conducting a performance appraisal or performance review and reward for performance if an employee meets the desired performance level.
- Developing or updating performance development or improvement plan to handle the performance gap, if an employee does not meet the required performance level.
- Marking the employee status as benchmark, if applicable, while initiating an employee’s performance development plan.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of performance management tools.
- Ability to operate and communicate well with all levels of employees.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent time management, performance management, and leadership skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field from an accredited college.
- Master’s degree in related management field is an added advantage.
- 3-5 years experience in performance management related activities.
Category: Management Job Descriptions