Physical Instructor Job Profile and Description
Physical Instructors are part of a team which provide physical fitness and training programs in gyms or work with sports team to manage a wide range of sports facilities and administer sporting and adventurous activities, both on and off basis. The job of a physical instructor is to conduct fitness tests, provide fitness and health counselling, and organise sporting activities. He or she must be physically and mentally fit leading an active life and who can motivate others to be the same way.
The primary role of the Physical instructor will be to teach and promote physical fitness and health programmes. The candidate seeking this kind of profile should possess good communication skills and self-confidence to handle people in an amicable and easy manner.
Physical Instructor Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Physical Instructor will involve the following:
- The primary responsibility of a physical instructor is to promote overall health of the trainees by encouraging good food and exercise habits on a daily basis.
- Providing goal based fitness exercises to the trainees that helps in management of good physical fitness goals at all times.
- Taking the classes as scheduled and providing adequate exercises including the stretching as well as cool down workouts.
- Instructs the participants on various methods of workout and also explain them the techniques in a proper manner.
- The candidate must demonstrate the ways to strengthen and exercise various groups of muscles.
- Keeps management informed regarding various needs of the client and the centre.
- Ensures that safety standards are met, and that department and facility policies are adhered to.
Physical Instructor Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Physical Instructor include:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are very necessary for this job.
- Organizational and management skills will help one to supervise and manage a team.
- Should keep up to date with all the new developments and changes in the fitness and nutrition.
- Working knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology and training principles.
- Knowledge of group fitness teaching strategies and the incorporation of music, tempo,cueing technique, and rhythm.
- Ability to be professional and motivate class participants.
- Ability to cooperate and work well with other staff members.
Physical Instructor Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Physical Instructor are as follows:
- Must possess Red Cross CPR certification.
- Certified Instructor (ACE, AFAA) or equivalent.
Physical Instructor Salary
A Physical Instructor can expect to get an annual salary of $30,000-45,000 depending on the qualification, experience and certification levels acquired by the candidate.
Category: Health Care Job Descriptions