Physical Trainer Job Profile and Description
A Physical trainer helps in establishing and reaching your fitness and wellness goals. Physical Trainers have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients, identifying their individual fitness goals such as muscle gain, weight loss or improved metabolism. They get the chance to write customize fitness program for them based on their current and intended level of their fitness regime.
Physical Trainer Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Physical Trainer will involve:
- To meet individual fitness goals of clients by providing guidance on proper exercising technique and suggesting variations in them specific to each client.
- Assist clients in establishing individual effective fitness goals and develop the most effective training plan to achieve those goals.
- Offer accurate and up-to-date information on fitness.
- Motivating clients by serving as a training partner; exercising with them.
- Maintains a safe, clean and hygienic exercise environment.
- Adjust exercising schedule to accommodate the changing needs of new clients as per their availability hours and then following it strictly.
Physical Trainer Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Physical Trainer include:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills help and motivate the client and keep them upbeat for meeting their required level of fitness.
- The trainer must be able to stand for long periods of time to demonstrate proper exercise technique and should have the ability in moving heavy weights.
- Must be having a solid grasp of fundamental knowledge of exercise physiology, kinesiology and anatomy.
- Should have full understanding of all exercise equipment and their proper operations.
- Must be well versed in injury prevention techniques.
- Should be able to work independently requiring minimal supervision.
- Good to have sport specific knowledge to train a professional athlete for achieving desired level of efficiency in sports.
Physical Trainer Education and Qualification
Physical Trainers usually work as Fitness professionals for a while before getting in transition to Personal Training. They can attain various certifications and register with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). Typical qualifications for the Physical Trainers may include:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in the related field.
- Physical training certification with ACE, NASM or ACSM.
- The candidate must have First Aid certification Physiological Knowledge.
Physical Trainer Salary
A Physical Trainer is generally paid on per hour basis at a typical $30-$35 per hour. This can be increased depending on several factors such as qualification, certification and experience of the Physical Trainer by a great extent.
Category: Health Care Job Descriptions