Pizza Delivery Job Profile and Description
Pizza Delivery person delivers hot and fresh pizzas at customer’s doorstep. He has to cruise through busy traffic, jams and long roads but has to deliver pizzas within a short time. Customers call up pizza joints and make an order or they can order over the internet. The restaurants prepare the pizzas and hand it over to delivery boys. Pizza delivery boys have been the face of pizza advertisements and campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pizza delivery job is challenging in its own ways as delivery has to be made in short, and sometimes fixed time.
- Deliverers need to be quick and must have their vehicles ready for the transit.
- Pizza delivery people, although maintaining timely delivery, must not break traffic rules.
- Pizza delivery boys also need to produce the bill to the customer and collect the amount.
- They must handover the collected amount throughout a trip to the pizza joint manager.
- They must have a good knowledge of various locations in the city and how to reach there fast.
Skills and Specifications
- A pizza delivery boy/girl must be a smart and friendly person and should be courteous with customers.
- He must be an adept driver and should be at ease negotiating busy traffic.
- He should not force or insist the customer for paying extra tips.
- He should be able to work within a team and help others in his workplace.
- He should be alert enough to avoid robberies and other mishaps on the road.
Education and Qualification
For a pizza delivery person, it is sufficient to have a high school diploma. Even literate people with basic knowledge of mathematics can carry out this job. Pizza delivery people need to have a two wheeler or other medium of personal transport. They should have a valid driving license and clean driving records.
Category: Transportation Job Descriptions